Uses of Dental Veneers in Dentistry
Many things are done in dentistry. It is why we have dental experts specialized in different areas, to ensure they offer optimal care to patients. When it comes to cosmetic dentistry, a lot is handled. It is about working on your oral wellbeing for the sake of aesthetic appeal—this specialty major on the appearance of teeth, more than the functional aspect thereof. One of the main appliances used in cosmetic dentistry is dental veneers in Sacramento, CA.
What Are Dental Veneers?
They are tooth-shaped, shell-like dental appliances used for cosmetic modification of teeth. They are used to improve the color, shape, and feel of teeth. Ideally, they are used similarly to dental crowns. However, the only difference is that dental crowns encase the entire tooth, while dental veneers cover only the front surfaces of teeth. The primary role of oral veneers is to cover up the different flaws that patients have on their teeth.
What Are Some of The Issues That Dental Veneers Fix?
Oral veneers are one of the most versatile dental appliances in dentistry. The bridge many gaps in dental care, for the sake of cosmetic advancements. If you are wondering whether or not you are qualified for a cosmetic procedure for your teeth, consider the following uses of dental veneers:
- Discolored teeth – if professional teeth whitening is not your cup of tea, worry not. Dental veneers have been used severally to brighten the color of teeth. Ideally, composite veneers can be matched to the natural color of your teeth. What this means is that the teeth in your mouth that are stained can be covered up with veneers that look like a healthy white tooth. You can even use veneers for all your front teeth to make them whiter than they are.
- Broken and chipped teeth – other than stubborn stains, another thing that deteriorates your smile is a crack, chip, or breakage. Anyone of your teeth can experience this, especially for front teeth. Whether due to an accident or bad eating habits, you can restore your teeth. Such a tooth can be modified by using porcelain veneers.
- Misshapen teeth – this can occur to anyone. It is a situation where different factors affect the shape and size of teeth. It can be due to genetics or even environmental factors. Technically, misshapen teeth can happen to a single tooth in your mouth, to several of them. It is a common occurrence for wisdom teeth. However, it can also occur for premolars, canines, and any other types of teeth. Your teeth can be too pointy, curved unusually, among other forms. The correction of a misshapen tooth is very successful with dental veneers. In fact, your dentist in Sacramento will take the extra initiative to curve out dental veneers that are best suited for your face type. This will, in return, give you a more appealing cosmetic result.
- Unusually short teeth – this can be as a result of genetics, or bruxism. Bruxism is a condition that features excessive grinding of teeth. The problem with short teeth is that they make you appear as though you have a gummy smile, which may not be the case. Teeth must, therefore, be proportional to the amount of gum tissue that shows when you smile. For successful results, your dentist has to first offer you treatment for bruxism. From there, dental veneers can be used to reshape your short teeth.
Can Anyone Get Veneers?
Veneers do not have as many restrictions as most dental treatments have. Perhaps the reason for this is that dental veneers 95834 are used for cosmetic dental procedures. All you need is a viable reason for getting the veneers, as well as the desire to get your teeth’s appearance improved. Besides, veneers are a non-invasive procedure, particularly when you compare them with procedures like dental crowns. For children and teenagers, however, it would require consent from a parent. Many other alternatives would work great for kids and teenagers. For this reason, the recommendations of your dentist near me should also paly a significant role in your decision-making process. Overall, the following benefits of dental veneers make them worth trying out:
- They are versatile – serving different purposes in dentistry.
- Cosmetic advantages – in shape, color and size of your teeth.
- Non-invasive procedure – no surgery is required, or significant loss of your tooth’s structure.
- Simple procedure